Having a good smile is desired by everyone that signifies the role and importance of cleaning teeth regularly while it is also good for health. But we advance in the age, our teeth begin to darken and weaken and this process often occurs more rapidly for different reasons such as the ones mentioned below;
- By taking drinks like tea, coffee, red wine or other foods with a high ratio of dyeing content
- Another cause of great importance is smoking, which can make teeth look yellow.
- Tooth decay, fillings and tartar can contribute significantly to the discoloration of teeth.
- If the nerves and blood vessels of the teeth are damaged by decay and the point is that they may remain hidden for much longer time.
- A few sorts of stains may occur due to particular illness or use of medicines. For instance, there is a type of antibiotic namely ‘tetracycline’ which is given to kids whose teeth are still in the developmental process. Using tetracycline may result in yellowish or greenish look in their adulthood.
Among the preventive measures that you can use to improve the appearance of discolored teeth include the following options;
- Check and confirm healthy appearance of your teeth and remove accumulated tartar.
- Follow the guidelines on the prevention of caries.
- Brush your teeth on a regular basis with proper method.
- Avoid smoking and alcoholic drinks.
- Reduce the consumption of beverages and foods with high levels of dyes.
Teeth Whitening Treatments
If you have already been a victim of teeth discoloration resulting in appearance of yellowish, greenish or brownish teeth, preventive measures are not enough to solve this issue. It is time to visit your dentist and get some treatment so that you can get your teeth whitened.
Possible Teeth Whitening Options
There is a variety of options available in this regard which is as follows;
- Tray, Gels & Strips
- In-office Bleaching
- Bleaching at Home
- Dental Cases
- Whitening Rinses
You can choose to whiten your teeth with any of the aforementioned options depending on the other dental issues. Out of these options, a few can be performed completely at home while some can be preformed at your dentist’s office only. In some teeth whitening options, you can get the process started at a dental clinic in Dubai and continue rest of the procedure at your home according to the prescribed instructions.